Sunday, November 28, 2010

Breakfast in North Redington or who would think this eclectic place was off the Bay & across the street from the Beach? It is Perfect!

 

So, The Finlinson’s and us the Brower’s stayed at the Sails Hotel in Redington Beach. And we all decided we wanted to go to Breakfast at IHOP. But, the problem was we couldn’t find one that was really close and so we map quested it. Matt and Sharon said what about a Mom and Pop’s shop in town? Sharon map quested it and we found this adorable place called the Sweet Sage Cafe. They have been in that location for 20 years and we ever knew it was there. It is right across the street from The Tides. Crazy…

Enjoy our experience!

DSC_7353

Isn’t it such a sweet cafe?

DSC_7354

Through this arch was the neatest environment. It reminded me of Key West, then we met the proprietor and she said that she had grown up on Key West and that is why it has that vibe. I would love to run a Bed and Breakfast or a little café like this. Awesome!

DSC_7356 DSC_7357

They even decorated for Christmas. Lovely

DSC_7358

Kyler texting of course!

DSC_7359

Beautiful Sharon

 

DSC_7361

Rich and the kids

DSC_7362DSC_7364

I loved the look of the café, so fun!

DSC_7365

The kids looking at the menu to see what they want to order. Poor Indigo’s meal didn’t come until late and then it was all wrong and it finally was right. I think the kids got the best meals of all!

DSC_7366

ME

DSC_7368        DSC_7367

This is the bathroom: It was really fun!

DSC_7369

Inside the café was a gift shoppe, these were my favorite sites in it.

DSC_7372

DSC_7373

This mannequin reminds me of Harley Quinn the side kick of the Joker,The Batman Cartoons of the days of yore when Devin was little. Quinn as I am calling her, gave Indigo the creeps. I don’t know why she just did, so I had to take a picture to remind indigo of what Quinn looked like. I think she is adorable (Indigo and Quinn.)

1 comment:

New York..Long Beach...Utah...Florida.. North Redington Beach... said...

Sandi,Save all this stuff for my obit..hopefully 20+ years from now.
It was so great to have two of my daughters and their families share Thanksgiving with us at our beautiful beach resort home in the clubhouse (finally getting our association fees worth).
And Christmas in Miami Beach will be more time for family enjoyment. (Looking at the pics of Kyler and myself reminds me NOT to take photos with a kid who looks like I used to look so long long ago).
Love, Dad