So, we woke up fairly early and went and had a great breakfast at the Hotel Cafe. They have a wonderful Continental breakfast with Fresh Fruit- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries the works! While you are eating breakfast there is a wonderful guitarist playing great music. It makes me feel as if I am the most spoilt girl in the world!
After we had our great breakfast we had planned the night before that we were going to go see Matt's Hero~ George Washington and tour his Estate (I use that term loosely...) at Mount Vernon. I who were becoming expert Metro riders hopped onto the Metro made our connection at Huntington station and then hopped onto the shuttle in Fairfax and past some of the most amazing houses! There was one for sale that had a view of the Potomac that was to die for! I think I am falling in love with Colonial homes. But this one was of course right up my alley--- a Victorian!
I wasn't able to take pictures in George Washington's home but was able to take pictures of the outhouses and of his Tomb. And Matt and I were so lucky to meet Lady Washington herself!!! You don't believe me? Well, wait and see!!!!
I was absolutely in love with the view from Mount Vernon's home! I think I could have stayed there for the rest of the trip, eaten at the Mount Vernon Inn (which we did not... bummer,) and slept in the guest bedroom (which was quite substantial for that time.) Yes, I can say that I was in love with the peace of it all!
I hope you feel as if you are with us with our pictures!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I love your pictures. Your hat looks so super cute too.
Post a Comment