My Sweet Kyler.
Yesterday, I had the honor of chaperoning Kyler's choir class to SUPAF (see title description.) Kyler volunteered to help this boy named Blaze. He is special ed and is very amazing to me. He has a stump for an upper arm, no other arm on his left side and stumps for legs, but he does so much. SUPAF was held at Dixie High school, but because of the sound barrier there was no access to the stage for a wheelchair, so Kyler followed Blaze while Blaze walked up the stairs and then walked to the bleachers. Officer Simpson (one of the safetly officers for the school,) picked Blaze up put him on the bleachers and then they all started singing there hearts out!
Kyler has talked to me about Blaze before but I didn't realize how much of a handicap Blaze had...
But I am so amazed at his personality. I got to help him with put on a choir shirt and he was such a fun kid. I always think that Heavenly Father gives kids with handicaps great humor, because he had me cracking up with his jokes! I can see why Kyler likes to be with him. Since they both has such crazy humorous personalities.
Kyler has talked to me about Blaze before but I didn't realize how much of a handicap Blaze had...
But I am so amazed at his personality. I got to help him with put on a choir shirt and he was such a fun kid. I always think that Heavenly Father gives kids with handicaps great humor, because he had me cracking up with his jokes! I can see why Kyler likes to be with him. Since they both has such crazy humorous personalities.
I love watching the kids when they are away from home and they don't realize that I am watching I get a totally different perspective on their values and what their life might be like for them. I see bits of those life journeys by how they interact with others, in the most mundane activities.
I hope that Kyler continues being kind and sweet to others throughout his life, because it is such a great quality to have when dealing with others!
No comments:
Post a Comment