Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Reading Holes

Mckenna has spent the last 2 weeks reading Holes for school homework. Each kid is in a group. Mckenna's group's name is CAMELS (which stands for all the girls first initials. Cam, Addie, Mckenna, Erin, Lea and Sadie. Cute huh?) then each kid is assigned a homework sheet that they do and they are in charge of that part of the group discussion: for example; The Artful Artist (draws a picture of what they read,) The Summarizer (obvious), Discussion Director (gets to be the one in charge!), Connector (mckenna didn't tell me about this one- sorry,) Word master (picks out great words in the section they are reading) and Literature Luminary (picks out an interesting passage and has someone read it).

This has been a really good homework assignement for Mckenna it is fun because of the group of girls she is with, she loves the Disney movie AND best of all it makes her read, which she doesn't really care to do so much. Which of course really drives me bonkers because I love to read more than anything and have past that down to the boys. I am actually rubbing off on Matt, he has been reading alot too (which he never did before- would rather watch it in a movie instead... wonder where Mckenna gets it from? Humm???)

After finishing reading this book she is planning to read THE LITTLE PRINCESS, which is a book that I gave her for Christmas. I am so excited to talk to her about this book, since it is one of my favorites! Next maybe she will read EMILY OF NEW MOON. Well, I can hope can't I?

No comments: