Wednesday, January 3, 2007

THE YEAR OF YOU!

On Diana's blog is a link to a really sweet girl name Jill, who I feel is very good at making you think about things that you might not think of other wise, or your just too lazy to spend time on...
From a question that she posted on her blog, I decided to touch on a few of my thoughts that she has planted in my brain!

Jill commented on being afraid of Success as much as Failure. I totally understand this feeling, I watch how successful Matt is, I decided that I want to live up to the potential that he is exampling for me and I run with it for a few weeks, I start feeling really great about myself and then BAM, I stop because I don't want to make it to the next level. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Matt is so involved with having to live in the "pedestal group," you know, those people that you think are so much better than you? We tend to do that with people of title, example: President Hinckley (well, he is actually very approachable to me,) Governor Huntsman, President Bush, Michael Jordan, Oprah, people who you think have made it big. That sometimes I don't think that I am good enough to be around him when he is in that environment. I mean who am I to be talking to Governor Huntsman, Senator Hatch? I am just little nobody Sandi Brower.... But then I get this- WHAT THE HECK? from Matt.... - you are incredible with people. So, I think, no, you are Sandra Lynn Field Brower! I think that he says that because I am more social than he is. But really he is right, why am I so afraid of those people whom I think have made it- I mean what have they made it to?

A little touch on resolutions:
We don't do resolutions in our family. Our family does a goal making list 2 times a year, once at the beginning of the summer and then during the school year. We missed this school year and so we are doing this tonight. I have already written my list of "Sandi's New Lease On Life list!" about a week before the end of the year, because I got that feeling that I had "just endured" through the year.
How many of you do resolutions?

My friend Andrea gave the above quote (in picture,) to me as a Christmas present. I love this quote, so I actually picked it out and then she ordered it. I also got a few vinyl quotes for the boys rooms "Don't let the fear of Striking out, keep you from playing the game." It is a quote from the Cinderella Story starring Hillary Duff, but it is a great motivation quote that I wanted the boys to have it in their baseball inspired rooms.
I also got a vinyl made of Yoda's quote; "Do or Do not, there is no try." That one is for me, the eternally challenged non doer. The Yoda quote is going into the hallway near my room with pictures of the things that I actually have done, and loved in my life. I am still looking for the picture frame that is big enough for all those pictures- yeah whatever, maybe 2 pictures will work....

So with all the quotes above and the tile Andrea gave me this is what I am feeling right now;
I think that if we just go through life enduring, we miss out on our eternal potential and then we have gypped ourselves out of what we are put here on earth for! So I guess what we are taught in primary is true always, I am a Children of God, great blessing are in store, if i just learn to do His will... of living to our true potential, we will be even more blessed and happier!

I am going to figure out what my new challenge of the year will be, and then blog on it more later. And then I am going to make sure that this is my year! Can I do it, yes, I can (thanks, bob the builder :>)

May we all do something that makes life more challenging, then we will have grown at least a little in this New Year.

Let's make this THE YEAR OF YOU!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I enjoyed reading your post. I do make resolutions and try to keep them simple yet motivating, I try not to set too many because then I won't accomplish any of them. I too am afraid of reaching the next level, since Jill posted about that I've been thinking a lot about it lately also, I am glad you chose to write about it. I think we can intimidated my people especially people in the public spotlight because we only see their strengths, we see when they have acheived their career and personal goals. Maybe it's good to remember that they too have to live one day at a time and do things step by step. I try to make the most of the things I do but it is easy just to endure. Dad put a song on Kira's CD called "If you're going to do things do things right" I've thought about that too. It's some good advice.
I Love you. Good luck with your "New Lease on Life"