This is a bench that I got a week before Christmas for our front Porch. I thought that Matt was going to buy this but asked me to go get it instead. Matt thought it would look good in place of the backyard swing that is sitting on the porch. And it will. But I really like it in my bedroom too, I would just have to recover the back pillows because they are the wrong colors.
This is my present from Matt and the kids that was hiding in the side yard in the back. I love this bench and had seen it 2 weeks before at Urban Renewal. Matt had told me that it was too expensive when I called him about it. What a great surprise I received after all the other presents were open. This is going on the front porch also, but on the side of our checker board and whiskey barrel (like Cracker barrel the restaurant has.) It will be really nice to sit on the front porch and play games.
The kids went to bed Christmas Eve in Devin's room and woke up with their beautiful Duvet's keeping them warm. I thought it was a really nice touch to have them wake up to them, (like on the little Princess, when shirley wakes up from her "what a nice dream!") Devin's room with his great flannel Duvet cover and his "Property of the Redsox" throw, (that he got for Christmas also,) that matches the rest of the Redsox decor that he is going for. The other side of this blanket is Navy Blue.
Kyler's Duvet turned out the best. It could be because his was last or because I really like the colors. The back of Kyler's flannel duvet is also Navy Blue. It has all the Snow Canyon High School Warriors (or his baseball team,) colors that his room has. The Duvet turned out snugger than the other two, which is good since Kyler is the one that really wanted the Down Comforter. Kyler is the only kid in the house that doesn't have a phone in his room. Urban Renewal ( a consignment store,) has a goofy phone that he saw and loved when they bought my rocker and so I am going to pick it up for him since it is only $10! I hope he is surprised.
What little girl doesn't deserve to have the princess treatment? Mckenna's cotton Duvet cover was the hardest to do because it has Lime green fur on the backside and it kept getting stuck in the sewing machine. But eventually it worked out, she loves it and the boys love how soft it is...
Mckenna also got the phone that is sitting in the left hand corner from Santa Claus. She really loves it but says that she now needs caller ID. I love Mckenna's room, she has had lots of great stuff to decorate with like that bulletin board that is sitting on the wall next to her bed that she also got for Christmas and was the first one done when we started changing the colors in the house. Maybe because it was so dark before, but it is really bright and cheery now!
Devin and Kyler picked out their colors in their rooms, even thought Matt didn't want to do the red in Devin's room since it is so bright, but it is so Devin that it is perfect! Kyler's room is a little dark, but it is really what he wanted and I love how Matt added the green and gold stripe.
All these rooms were done right after school started and so I had a lot of fun getting Christmas stuff that goes with the feel of their rooms. Usually they say pick out the bedding and then decorate, I did it the other way around and it worked for us!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!
notice the cute little girl asleep in her bed?
No comments:
Post a Comment