Ah, the Night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even me.....
Boy did I have a busy 2 weeks before Christmas, what with Matt's work parties, Mckenna's Beauty and the Beast performance, Devin's Wrestling and Kyler being a true teenager of not communicating where he was going, what he was doing and coming home way to late for his own good. I guess some one has to be the teenager!
But the last week was absolutely trying. I got the brilliant plan of making Duvet covers for the the kids down comforters that they were getting for Christmas. Now, I have never made Duvet covers or anything else that needed a pattern and was very leary about the process. But smart person that I am I decided to make them without a pattern, and eyeballing the Duvet cover that I had on my bed. This entailed fabric purchasing, button buying, and the almighty pinning of all materials together. But after a day for each Duvet cover being sewed (3 days,) and then 2 days to figure out how to do the button holes and buttons, they were finally done! whew!
I have to admit, they turned out great and so on the next blog you will see the final product on the beds of those that received them.
Christmas evening was a joy. We read the Night Before Christmas (read by Mckenna,) the Nativity Story (read in rap by Kyler,) played Carrom (thankyou Finlinson's it is an awesome present!)
We also watched videos of the kids in Christmas' past, which Kyler always loves because according to Devin is because Kyler is a tight (cool,) little kid. He is so funny with his innocent questions and facial expressions that he just makes you smile.
Which he still tends to do.
Here are pictures of What Santa brought before the kids woke up. (and according to Kyler he was going to sleep in and not wake up to early- but he still woke up at 6:30 a.m. Mckenna at 6 a.m. Ouch!)
Some stockings where hung by the Chimney with care (and other's left on the ground because they were too heavy for the stocking holders.)
Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment