Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Kid day at the Brower's

Have you ever had days where the kids just don't get along, they yell at each other, they are rude, fighting and you just wonder why in the world you had them in the first place?

Well, when we get that way at our house, like today, we end up having a Brower Kid day, that is the day, when the kids can't play with anyone but their own siblings. I notice that when the kids have had days upon days of friend playing, they tend to need down time and spend time with each other. The first day of Brower Kid Day makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes. I always wonder why in the world am I punishing myself by keeping them at our house, when they definately don't want to be here. Well, the 2nd day makes me love Brower Kid Day! Usually it ends up being Kyler and Mckenna who need these days the most (maybe it is because Devin is at the age where he is learning that to do the things he wants he is just more pleasant around everyone so that his mother will let him go to the High School games or whatever he want to do with out having to deal with Brower Kid Day,) but Kyler and Mckenna after that initial day become the best of friends all over again. Some times they play army or animal toys. Other times, they relive their favorite video. Or sometimes they talk their mother into video taping them during a rendition of a great song and then want a music video.
Last week, they all had Brower Kid Day (they call it being grounded to each other- maybe, because I called it that once and they think it sounds meaner when they tell their friends that they are grounded) and Devin, Kyler and Mckenna played hours upon hours on the tramp and in the gully racing cars, building dirt cities, tracks for the cars. It was a blast to watch. After that 2nd day they are free to go back to the friend time, and usually, they are much nicer, more considerate and loving towards each other. But sometimes, when I am enjoying them being together and so loving and creative, I tell them they have another day of Brower Kid Day, mainly it is because I miss the relaxation of them just being little kids and playing like when they were in Georgia and they only had each other because the kids lived too far away.
I just love Brower Kid Day!!!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sandi,
What a great idea. I will have to that when my kids are older. Thanks for the fun day. Its been fun doing messenger with you. I am so glad you called.
Love you
Sharon