Saturday, May 14, 2011

The great birthday surprised that fizzled with the wind

Dear sweet Devin decided to surprise Aliza with one of her bucket list adventures for her 20th birthday. I thought it was a very generous gift- a Ride in a Hot Air Balloon.

We (me, Matt, Jan & Lindsey) got up really early to drive with Devin & Aliza to the Hart gas station in Washington for the surprise. Then we followed the balloon guy to pick up his crew (really weird, just one guy!) and then headed for the empty field they use for the ride.

Come to find out that the kids and Matt are expected to help with the balloon prep (hence only 1 guy,) for the fee Devin was paying. I still think it is weird…

The Balloon man, thought the astrophere was a little windy so a black balloon was sent into the stratosphere and made a dramatic right turn when it hit an fiesty air current.  We waited a while and he did it again. Still the air current was fiesty so the ride got bagged… I felt so bad for Devin!  He was so excited to do this for Aliza. We ended up going to the Bear Claw for Breakfast. Matt’s treat! Then went to visit Bill at PF where I got a delicious Snickerdoodle and a lesson on how to make a proper PF breadstick!

But, funny enough. Devin goes on to tell us when Aliza went to give him his 20th birthday present,Sky Diving, it didn’t work out either that day it rained. I guess maybe those kids aren’t meant to have “big” celebrations. That just means that they will both get to do their Bucket list items another day. What an excitement to look forward to.

Here are the pictures of that day:

DSC_2692

6:30 A.M. where are we going Devin?

DSC_2695

SURPRISE~~~

DSC_2696

A cute Ms. Aliza Randall

DSC_2697

DSC_2698

the balloon crew man pointing out the black balloon which I couldn’t get a picture of it was too far away.

DSC_2699

reminds me of Top Gun only this time the mission was NOT successful.

DSC_2701

Jan and her sad expression for Aliza’s birthday present fizzle.

DSC_2706

The pony at Ancestor Square- I guess I was meant to live in another town that would have Pony Statues right?

No comments: