Well, Devin has accomplished another Milestone in his life. Graduation #2. He has graduated with his AA and we were so fortunate to watch him walk down the aisle. I guess all his graduations so far have been a vacation for us- we fly from Tampa and spend a few days and then fly back. I am thankful that we can afford to do that. I don’t know what I would do if we couldn’t!!!
President Monson was the Commemoration speaker for the day and he did a great job with a fun story about a cheating college student who go his just returns on the final day of his college career.
The local newspaper (the Spectrum) had said that people were going to protest having an LDS person speak at a clearly public institution, but I didn’t see a single protester there! Ah, newspapers and their hope of stirring pots…
Devin and Aliza were so cute sitting next to each other. I realized while watching them that they have been dating for longer than Matt and I had before we got married. I wonder what will be in the card for the both of them. They both want to continue on to get their bachelors- both want to go to SUU, but Devin was also accepted to the University of Utah and Aliza to Utah Valley University. Which will they choose? I am as curious as the next on that one!
Another realization: Devin’s friend Jasmine was been with him every step of the way from 3rd grade until today. They are part of the original 3 muskateer and muskateerettes and I was so pleased as punch that they could celebrate the day together. It helps that Jasmine is also Aliza’s best friend (well, besides A’s sister Lindsey that is.!)
Diana and her friend Alyssa got to come down to St. George to visit with us, unfortunately we don’t have any pictures… ![]()
Sweet Bill and Jan Randall threw a Seis di Mayo graduation dinner with delicious shredded beef tacos! Thanks Jan you are a great cook!
No comments:
Post a Comment