Monday, February 28, 2011

Mckenna and her afternoon of Boredom…

So, Kenna decided that she was BORED and instead of whining about it she just went and started gathering supplies.  She gathered some Styrofoam, purple, black and white paint and a sheet of Roofing paper and headed outside. All of a sudden she runs in the house, yells for me to grab the camera and I hesitated for a second. By the time I got out there, I guess the splattering was done, but here is what I found…
DSC_0818
Kenna decided to make her own bulletin board and she was a fun mess.  I really loved that she used Dance Track colors. She loves these colors and she is re-doing her room in Black and Lavender with a shot of Fuchsia when we moved into the new house.
DSC_0817
If you look closely at the bulletin board you will see that the top layer of her bulletin board is decorated with her handprints. Which means that not only is this a great piece of splatter work but also a work memorabilia, she has created something that  I will cherish for along time because she has frozen her 14 year old self into her décor. I think she did an awesome job! Don’t you?
DSC_0820
DSC_0823

DSC_0824
This is Mckenna’s squishy feeling face with the paint on her hands. She is a funny girl even though she loves doing projects she hates the clean up. Well really , who does?!  But I had to snap this pic because it is so much a characteristic of her cleanup response!

DSC_0825
“mom, you better watch it I’m going to get you!”
DSC_0826
Clean up, clean up everybody every where… Yeah, the kids loved that song when they were little, now… NOT happening!  I am lame, I KNOW.

No comments: