SPOILER ALERT! (sort of)
HSM3 the last in the trilogy of pretween happiness is a must to see if you have watched any of the other 2. #2 was watched by probably everyone in Utah since it was filmed in many locations in the State; East High in Salt Lake City and Entrada in St. George, Utah! Many of our baseball players were in the 2nd one so we watched. I thought it was not so good compared to the first one! The music was tiney, the acting was forced in spots but the dancing was superb!
Well, HSM3 is fabulous (as Sharpay would say!) It did remind me though of Footloose and Grease once again though and I guess in way that is a good thing because maybe it will last for a very long time! I really related to this one since the Students of East High (or Wildcats,) are getting ready to Graduate from their High School. Devin is getting to do the same thing in 6 months and so I could see the angst of having to decide what you do with yourself after school is over and having to feel as if you are making the right decision....
We went to HSM3 with our friends Heidi and Mckyla Sholtzen and the rest of the Sholtzen girls. It was fun to sit somewhere watch a movie that is sometimes very cheesy and discuss it whisperingly to your friend who whole heartedly agrees with you on parts that you feel were just too much! But, I guess, I have to remember this movie is aimed at Pretween and Early teens and so why shouldn't I think parts are way too cheesy. But one the whole it was "oh, so Fabulous!"
After going to HSM3, Mckenna and I ran home grabbed blankets and jackets and headed of to Tuacahn for their annual Thriller extravaganza. Every year Mckenna wants to audition for this amazing dance Halloween tribute and the one year she is old enough- she is doing Music Man and the next you have to be 14 to audition!!!
So, what can I say about Thriller? well, let me tell you about it first...
This is our first time seeing it- so many wasted years! Why didn't we go see it before it was awesome! One of the dancers had been on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE- he was so great in his featured productions! One of the dancers was a local Gal who we have had the pleasure of getting to know ever so slightly- she danced beautifully! And one of the Zombies is a great friend of ours whom no one on facebook can guess who he is-(come on people get with it!)
Anyway, The show was great! Mckenna didn't want to go at first, actually she was mad at me for taking her! I had ordered these tickets two weeks ago, she was invited to a party 3 days ago and wanted to go there instead. Sorry, Mckenna sometimes family comes first! So we went and she had a great time! We loved the routine with all the JASON'S! It was great dancing- it was funny and it was gruesome all at the same time. Way to go Odyssey! I hope that this inspires Mckenna to become an even more well rounded dancer. I also hope that this move will open so many opportunities for her to grow in her dancing and help her to turn into not only a dancer but an Arti'st!
1 comment:
Joe graduated from East High! None of our kids' friends believe them when they say that their dad went to that high school, but they know the truth!!
Post a Comment