Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Mckenna's Party or Matt's send off bash- either way Swiss Days day #2
Today has been such a bitter sweet day for so many reasons, let me start with Kenna's party.
Mckenna has had a great party, we woke up at 6 a.m. to get to Santa Clara Town Hall so that Sami and Brinley could get to the 5k race on time. The 5 girls that weren't running cheered their friends on and then we had a great breakfast served by city employess, a few council members and Mayor Rosenberg, but not by the City Manager. The City decided that Matt could just be a johnny on the spot instead of a key player. Which made me sad, but happy too, because it gave us more time with him.
Then the girls ran and/or walked fast down the main drag to the parade start where they spread the HomeTown Spirit with their smiles and candy throwing skills! After the parade the "official" birthday party ended and the girls were free to go or stay and hang out together. Alot decided to continue to hang out which made Mckenna's day even better! After a few hours in the sun some of the girls decided to go swimming at a friends pool in the neighborhood right behind Town hall. Needless to say, we didn't see Kenna until about 5 p.m. That girl is like the energizer bunny! she keeps going and going and going but then hits the wall in 2 seconds flat, (okay, she's more like a nascar driver but who's really paying attention to them?)
I'm glad that Mckenna had a good birthday/swiss days celebration, because this is the last one she will have with this group of girls! sad------
Okay lets go to the sendoff bash!
So as i said before the city had Matt enjoy Swiss Days a little more than he has ever been able to before. Friday night they announced that he was leaving to move on for a great opportunity. I only know this not from first hand witnessing but from MANY, MANY people! I ofcourse was busy with Mckenna's birthday party and didn't know any of this was going to go on!
Matt was really touched by the announcement.
During the parade- the council drove in their ceremonial many seated golf cart and as they drove past, I had this major urge not to go to Ocala- the council has been so good to Matt it left me wondering what we were doing- why we were going, how could we give it all up?! One of the council members Herb caught my eye and smiled. I ofcourse started bawling! Talking to him later, I feel as if he sees us leaving as a betrayl- which in a way is what it feels like to me also, but I know better than to let myself get so emotionally caught up in this move. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to be near my parents and Sharon, but we have lived her for almost nine years! That's right, the longest we have ever lived anywhere! Kenna remembers nothing else....
After the Swiss Day festivities were over (and by the way yes, they belong downtown and Wow, it was the BEST Swiss Days ever, way to go everyone!) Kathleen (she hold many hats for the city, but it the chairperson for Swiss Days,) asked me what Matt thought of his Goodbye Bash? Ididn't even think of it that way, but with everyone telling Matt goodbye- asking where he was going (before the announcement,) and telling him that he really can't be replaced, I could see where it really could be seen as a GOODBYE bash!
Emotionally I think that Matt and I are physically spent with the whirlwind activities of the last 3 weeks!
Matt leaves Thursday and will be driving his truck to Ocala (yes people, that is a really long way!) I am so sad that I am not able to go with him. We have never been seperated on a move and I don't look forward to it. But, I am thankful that I have more time to spend with Devin before he moves into the Griffin's and finishes out his senior year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment