Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First of everything.... 1st day of school, 1st memory of school, 1st school situation where everyone is in Secondary Education!

Okay that is a really long title, but very necessary!



I sit here pondering our day today and how I had been fine with the whole My kids going back-to-school for the year, summer-is-over situation, when, I, who didn't plan on getting emotional had a situation that put me over the edge! Ahh, Mothers, who can put up with them and their emotions?!!

But before I get into that let me tell you a few little tidbits first:
We are going to start with the "night before School," August 11th, thoughts; as Mckenna and Kyler start packing up their backpacks and are protesting their bedtimes, I am thinking, "okay, this is good, they are going back to school and I will finally have some time with the house clean, peace and quiet where I can read, listen to MY music, without having someone else's blasting upstairs, and go do stuff with my friends during the day and not feel guilty about leaving Mckenna behind YEAH!!!"

By the way, Kyler wouldn't let me take any pictures of him and so all turned out blurry- sorry.

But then comes "The day of school," August 12th, and boom the big realization begins!

Mckenna is in her first year of secondary school (here 6th grade is secondary at Lava Ridge Intermediate,) Kyler is in his 1st year of High school (9th grade is high school-but at the middle school, we all know that-duh!) Devin is on his first day of the last year of his childhood school experience and he is starting this day on a very similar beginning as he did 12 years ago.

commercial break: let's look at some pictures and then we'll move on with the story.


Here at 2792 Canyon View Drive is Miss Mckenna telling me that I need to stop taking pictures! Isn't her "old backpack" just disgusting? No? I don't think so either- she is getting a new one soon- but why I'm not sure!

This is the only shot that I could get of Kyler where he is actually by himself and yet, he is still not looking at me! UhGGh~ His "old backpack" is gross too?! No? He gets a new one soon also.

NOW BACK TO THE SHOW!

Wow? who is that kid? Well, that my friend is, Devin Jay Brower. Senior extraordinaire! But, wait- holy cow batman what is that on his back?! No, it can't be -is it a figment of my imagination? Nope- it is the one and only almost the same as yesteryear.... BATMAN!

Well, this is what sent me over the edge- you see, like Devin this backpack is a little bit older of a version, than the one he started out with !

Does anyone else besides Rich want to walk down memory lane? Great here we go...


How in the world did I get from here to the previous pictures? Does anyone realize that he is 9 months away from being the same age as me when I met Matt? What is wrong with this picture??? Well, this is what I feel like and it is not a very complimentary picture;


SAD AND OLD!!!!

(yes, rich I am the queen of exclamation points!)

Here is what the rest of the morning looked like- enjoy!

They all looked GREAT and arrived- IN STYLE

2 comments:

Rich said...

Interesting how it all comes full circle. . .

Diana said...

I so remember how much Devin LOVED Batman. Wow I can't believe he is a senior that's just crazy.
I am sorry you feel sad and old.