Today we started out with our 7Th annual Turkey Bowl. Last year was ciaos, there were too many people so we only invited really close friends and with their families in town, we still ended up with 2 games going on at the same time.
The cool thing this year was our games were televised on KCSG. The sports anchor was doing a story on Turkey Bowls and he ended up coming to the High School were we were all playing. It was fun to have our close friends and the family have their 5 minutes of fame! We recorded it on our DVR and I am trying to figure out how to record it so that I can included it as a blog entry!
Everyone had so much fun and I took so many pictures that I have picked out a few of my favorite for everyone to enjoy!
Here are a few of the football players, we invited the Hunts, the Gublers, the Gali's, Andersons and the McCoys to come play with a handful of kids to even it out.
Matt had so much fun this is what he looks forward to more than the Turkey dinner, which we spent eating with the Hunts at their house!
Here are a few familiar faces; Natalie is Devin's twin and she is holding her sister Amelia. But the most familiar is our sweet Mckenna Marie, she played awhile and then thought that it was getting too crazy, so she sat with me and helped take pictures. Since she was hanging around, she got to talk to the camera man!
Here is Brook and Me watching the games, I took about 300 pictures, alot of them are awesome shots! Look at Kenna's awesome Leap! Amelia and her older sister Kristy (Kenna's ballet teacher,) were doing leaps and so Kenna decided that it was her turn to try!
Check out that Catch that Matt made! and here is the Camera Man, Pete!
Amelia, Mckenna and Kristy talk to Pete, the camera guy about the tradition of the Turkey Bowl, Pete also talked to Ethan Gali, Natalie and Cory McCoy, it was a really fun spot on the News.
If you are wondering about the High school sign and the tree it was a very cool thing. As the girls and I were driving to Albertsons, we noticed that this tree had icicles hanging on it and the grass had ice on it. I guess that this is natures way of showing you that we are starting a cold snap! It was really nice weather though while the game was going on and then started getting nippy as the day progressed!
Next up, Turkey Dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment