Friday, September 28, 2007

Mckenna Marie turns 11!

So, the day that Mckenna and I have been planning for for the last few weeks has finally come- her 11th birthday party! We planned the cake weeks ago, activities in July when Sharon came and Mckenna was so kindly invited to participate in the Finlinson Girl's sleepover at Teba's house and bought her present in June! So we made invitations that resembled Jasmine's homecoming shoe,(yes, hot pink and black~ see last entry !) Than delivered them at night so that Mckenna could make sure that everyone was home to see their reaction to how cute the invite was!





Are you excited to see what we did? Well let's take a look....



Here is the whole gange before the party started- don't they look like a fun group of girls?



So one of the things that we did at this party was paint our toesnails and fingernails. I was going to give them manicures and pedicures, but none of them wanted it so that made it easy for me!



Even the girls that don't like girly stuff like the one in green and Kyleigh (in white next to her,) did their nails!







The cake didn't exactly look like what I expected it to be - it is suppose to be a purse cake, but the icing stuff didn't actually turn out they way that the gals at the cake shop told me it would work, but it sure is pretty colored! If you look really carefully at the candle blowing out picture the cake looks like a million scoops of icecream- so it does look cool that way!



Whether the cake turned out as it should have, the girls thought it was delicious and with that cake we served Baskin Robbins' rainbow sherbert. Mckenna want to have a really bright party. Doesn't the pictures show it being colorful?




One of the pictures that I didn't get was the girls making lip gloss. They all loved figuaring out what flavor and smell they wanted. Their choices were: vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, cinnamon, and cherry. Some of the girl got really creative and made minty chocolate, cherry vanilla and cinnamon vanilla! I thought it was a good activity! (thanks Teba!)



For the treat bags I made little fabric purses- some of the girls like them, others didn't (the tomboys,) and decided that they were going to give them to their little sisters, at least they didn't try to throw them away...



Funny thing- the night of the party Fred came, we didn't expect him until the night after. I had considered having a party and a sleepover but am glad that we didn't since he came. The girls were a lot louder than I had planned and Fred was kind of outof sorts because of it. But he did take it all in stride, just didn't get the attention from the Mckenna or me that he would have liked, luckily Matt was home to entertain him. Lucky for me Lisa came with Madi and stayed to help me since I had planned on Matt helping me with the whole thing which he wasn't looking forward to since it was so girly!



Mckenna got a bike for her birthday from the family. I few fun sweatshirts from friends, a stuffed dog that you can play with on the internet, make-up, journal stuff with pens, and a really cute tote bag from other friends! It was a great time.



Can you try and figuare out what the last activity was that we did of the night? Watch the video...





No comments: