Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sadie's Update or how was Devin's first date?















Britney and Devin -Sadies 2006

So, it has take me awhile, but here is the 411 on Devin's first date/dance!

Mckenna and I were at Beauty and the Beast Rehearsals and so we rushed home before Britney picked Devin up for the day. We made it 10 minutes before she arrived.

Britney picked devin up at 11:45 a.m. (for some reason, dance here are an all day event. I thought it was only the Prom's, but not anymore.) I had to take pictures under much protest from Devin but I told him (before Britney arrived,)that I was his mother and it was my job to take pictures of all dances and special occasions such as this, even if it embarrasses him.
Britney, being a year older than Devin, understood the picture thing and talked him into sitting on the couch and taking the picture.

After they left our house, they went on a scavenger hunt at a numerous amount of places, including walmart and then he came home, so the 7 girls could get ready for the dance, they picked him up again and went to the school for the group pictures at 7 p.m. and then had dinner at a friends house and then went to the dance. I guess from Devin's take on it, all the girls but one got sick (her name was Sandy,) and so there wasn't very much dancing Sandy ended up letting (with her dates permission ofcourse- one of devin's friends Trevor,) Devin dance with her since it was his first high school dance and they wanted him to enjoy it.

Britney ended up having her brother take her home before the dance was even over so there was thank-goodness, no awkward goodbyes for Devin to face where he had to decide does he shake her hand, kiss her or what! (so, he says.)

It will be fun to see how the school taken pictures turned out in their matching jackets with all their names on it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: