Sunday, November 5, 2006

# 9 has awesome season!

Kyler asked me not to sign him up for football this year since last year was so horrible for him, but I did anyway and now he is so happy that I did!
He has had an amazing season, the coach has told Matt numerous times how amazing he is for his size, how he wished that the other kids had the drive and desire to play like he does and that they would play as hard as he does. One of his friends told another friend's dad that after he got hit (or tackled,) by Kyler he was seeing stars!

I think that Kyler's heighth is actually to his advantage since he can get his helmet into the chest area and just take the other team's player down. His teammates call him Mighty Mouse or Ankel Muncher.

Every game Matt tells me about some amazing play that kyler has had like his 21 yard touch down, how most of his carry's are in the double digits and that they have named to plays after him, because they are the play maker moves.

I unfortunatly have only been able to watch one of his games because of Music Man, but I got to watch this past Wednesday and he did really well, he intercepted a ball (against a player at foot taller than him,) and scored a touch down. They have lost only 2 games this game was one of them, but they have the (now,) the 3rd best record in the league and are playing sometime this week for their 2nd playoff game. The team they played against had a ton of bigger kids than Kyler's team, but they only won by 1 point, so I don't think that Kyler's team was so shabby.

In the picture, Kyler is in the middle of the field on the left side of the picture.

I can't wait to see his next game! Posted by Picasa

No comments: