This is a gorgeous hotel and where Matt and I rested our heads for 2 of our 3 nights. This is not the hotel we were supposed to stay in when we were leaving LAs Vegas, the original hotel we were booked into was in a very scary neighborhood and so the nice taxi driver helped us find a new hotel and this was it...
I loved this hotel, it reminded me of what the Waldorf-Astoria in New York might look like.
But the great thing about this hotel was that it was filled with all types of museum items: antique furniture, old photographs of some of the guest that have stayed at the hotel such as President Roosevelt, FDR, Govenor Bill Clinton, the designer of Mount Rushmore to name a few. I loved the case that held a whole bunch of artifacts from Ulyssis S. Grant.
They also had a handful of fun shops one of which had metal toy soldiers that were cool, a few of these soliders were of the Alamo (Davy crockett, Jim bowie etc...) but they also had WWII armies, Roman soldiers
and the Nazi Army (which the proprietor said she always gets negative comments about but that people also always bought if they were true collectors.) Matt and I wanted to get Kyler the Alamo set but it was more that we thought it would be, it ended up costing $1000.00, ouch! That is something that he can buy for himself if he really wants to collect the toy soldiers.Some of the pictures included here are: The hotel (pictured is the original with a 3rd floor add-on,) What our room looked like, The colonial dining room (that I had breakfast at one day while Matt was eating with collegues from his meetings, and I always feel weird eating out alone,) and Ulyssis S. Grant Artifacts.



I had pictures of the Toy soldiers and some other pictures of the Victorian Lobby, but they are still on my Cell Phone and I need to email them to myself.
If you ever happen to be in San Antonio, I recommend staying here or visiting here just to see the historic artifacts...
1 comment:
Sandi, Thanx for the step back in history -the pictures show a very interesting "let's stay in this museum/hotel" ambiance.
And, as usual, your descriptive writing is great - like you're telling a story.
(And Matt actually stayed where Gov BILL CLINTON stayed???)
Post a Comment