Everyone puts on paper (or maybe in their head,) a few resolutions that they will accomplish for the new year, Our family like everyone else also wrote down a few resolutions (I like to take the extra step and make them goals!,) most of mine were started in November (okay a few were written this month too,) so far I am off to a good start but being really sick didn't help with my goal of eating better and working out regularly, but it did give me a good start on the lose a pound a week! Matt says that is the best way to lose weight instead of dramatic loses and then flatening out since your burned out.
When I workout I usually like to run on the treadmill, and until my healspurs decided to come along I was doing really well, but then I had to learn to do something else instead! It is too cold to ride my bike outside with the beautiful setting of the red rocks, and so I have learned to really love riding on the stationary bike and watching ER and Judging Amy on TNT at the Gym instead! I also added Strength training which while frustrating, (since I was curling 20 pounds before I got sick and now only curl 10 pounds,) really feels exhilirating. I finally understand that our bodies are made to move and while in the past I was moving, I was more like sightseeing through my life and not enjoying this gift that God has given to me ; good health (ok, not the last few months,) an unusually brillant mind :), a loving family which consists of fabulous parents, loving brothers and sisters, a aunt that treats me like a princess, a great husband who loves me, and spoils me to no end and very beautiful, active children that are always in full blast mode!
They say that exercise is good for your sense of being and when you are depressed to get out and find something to keep you moving, well, that is true! I feel so healthy (not the nonstuffy, noncongestion type of healthy, but the living life to the best type of healthy!)
I think that some of this sense of well being is the fact that I have 2 chapters left of the Book of Mormon challenge, I realize that the challenge was for fininshing in December but since I had 5 books to read on Joseph Smith for our ward Christmas play, I figuared that President Hinckley would be okay with me being 2 weeks late! I don't think that I have read the Book of Mormon ever straight through and I love finally getting all the stories and history straight into my brain and really enjoying them. It is tragic that the Nephites who have been given so much, destroy themselves by loosing so much of what they have been taught and turning down the wrong path. Which hey, happens alot and yet they still never learn! I guess that When Joseph Smith said that this was written for our day, he was right, we like the Nephites are happy to do what is asked if life is a breeze, but heaven forbid if life gets hard- do we actually smile and just keep plugging along with out murmuring? Well, some do, but not most, they start forgetting the things they are taught and just live life the easies way they know how! Hey, sometimes I do that with parenting, it is easier to fall back into the old habits and not have it work and get all upset with the kids, instead of doing what I know is right, because I am too tired to think of the better way. So, unlike the Nephites, I get up after I stumble, and keep plugging on with hope that life will get better!
But as of Right now, I am in that happy path and I hope to keep it going!
1 comment:
Sandi, you are such an amazing person. I really admire you and love that you are my older sister. I too set goals this year and they are going pretty good so far. You know I have never been one to work out but since Josh I have been working out at the gym and I just love it. I am happy that you read the Book Of Mormon all the way through. I know it is true, and I know that what Pres. Hinckley said about reading it before the end of the year is true also. Our home has been so peaceful and the spirit is much stronger than it was before.
I love you a ton and miss you!
Post a Comment