Monday, August 15, 2005

AHHHHH, The secret is out!

The bad thing about having a friend whose husband is in the bishopric is that when they come to your house to drop of home made bread for your sweetheart who is having a bad week (okay, maybe year!,) and the 2nd counselor has never been in your house and he notices the really awesome black grand piano and asks who plays the piano in that really excited voice, you know..., that yes, you will someday be playing the piano for the primary or the relief society or WORSE, Sacrament meeting.

AS much as I explain that I don't play for anyone but myself, you can tell that his wheels in his brain are working. Then he tells you that the Primary is hurting for an accompianist. Then you hear Matt and Nola (my friend,) saying if you ask she will except and you are screaming in your head WHAT, DON"T YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME? I SAY NO!!! Luckily for me, Sunday has not come, there has been no Executive Secretary calls yet and after this Sunday we will be out of Town for the next 2 Sundays!

I don't know why but I just like to keep this piano stuff to myself, it is my destressor, it is my private time and I don't want to ruin that by HAVING to play for others.

I know that I am not sharing one of my talents, that this gift was given to me and I should share it but I don't want too, what's so wrong with that?

Well, does any one have anything to say about that?

Also, did anyone find the answer to my question in the question blog?

Let me know, okay?

2 comments:

Rich said...

All I know is that once Sharon had to play for Relief Society her piano playing talent increased very rapidly.

Is the correct answer to your previous question that Kennedy Space Center is located in part of the Cape Canaveral National Seashore?

Anonymous said...

"Sharing one's talent..." is an entirely individual act. For a totally 'altruistic' person, a recipient, be it human, animal, plant, beach!, etc. is required. For most of us, we obviously do things just for ourselves at times. Music is a talent,at varying levels of proficiency, which is 'pleasured' privately resulting in a more enjoyable 'public' person.