Saturday, July 23, 2005

Home is always fun even when it was never where you lived...

Being with my Mom, Dad and Mary was really fun. We ate very delicious pizza, hung out at the pool, had a great barbeque and the highlight of our time was spent playing SkipBo and Kyler beating us 90% of the time.


our fun time of playing SkipBo. We ended up having to buy the games os that he could keep winning us all


The beautiful sunset from my parents house -I caught this the 2nd day we were at the beach. It was spectacular, unfortunetly, you can't really tell from the picture.


I love being with my parents it is really fun to talk to them, give them hugs and be able to just look at them anytime I want. Mary, Mom, Mckenna and I went shopping (or looking) at a really great mall and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. That was really fun, because the resteraunt was fancy, not so expensive and yet you felt like you were living like a queen. And we participated in the North Redington Beach Patriotic Parade- and had hotdogs, drinks, chips and icecream afterwards.


On the 4th of July we went to (or should we say were in,) the North Redington Beach patriotic parade.


The beautiful view of the bay. I have this one as my background on my computer because it is my most favorite view of all. I could get a chair sit looking at the bay for hours because it is so relaxing and peaceful.

It was so very hard to say goodbye to my parents and Mary when the time came but, when push came to shove we had to leave because Hurricane Dennis was coming and we needed to get to the Airport. We ended up staying at the Airport for 3 hours before we actually could leave for Atlanta, not because Tampa was having problems, but because Atlanta was having problems. We would get on the plane and then they would deboard us, then we went get back on the plane and we sat for an 1 1/2 til we could take off. Then we were stuck in a holding pattern because Atlanta was so packed with other flight traffic. But finally we landed in Atlanta, and had to board a flight that was not the one I had booked because we had missed our flight.
We arrived in Las Vegas at 12:30 a.m. and the family that had our car was so extremly nice to come and get us at 1:30 a.m and let us sleep at their house even though Matt told them that we would sleep in the Airport. We left Sunday morning for home and then vegged out all of the rest of that day. Whew.... I didn't know it would take two days to get home, but it sure was nice to walk into our own house and all the kids toys and large space after sitting on the plane and in the car cramped together.
Also, I needed to get home so that we could have our carpet installed in the living room and family room!

I loved our trip, I miss our family, the humidity and the beach, but we do get to see some Florida Family when Sharon, Rich and the Girls come in a few days!

Thanks so much for all the fun, Hope we can do it again! Sandi

No comments: