On our next day we decided to go to the quaint little town of Boulder Utah which is near the Anasazi State Park.
Matt had a teleconference at noon and so we thought we would drive until that time. It was crazy because the cell phone kept loosing service and so we weren't sure if he would get his call done or not. We stopped at a little yuppy coffee shop that also sold art, sculptures and furniture from the local artists. It was a really fun place, but no so fun for children who had just driven in the rain for 2 hours, and who really wanted to see the Indian Petroglyphs. Matt ended up using the owners phone for another 1 1/2 hours.
I had the kids take Roxey for a walk (the dog,) and after that the kids finally had, had it waiting. I think that the owner had had it with the kids too and so she asked me if I knew that the Anasazi park was just down the street (I didn't,) and so I thanked her and the kids and I drove away.
We got to the park and it was closed because of the rain and the museum cost $6, which I didn't have because Matt had all the cash with him. by the time we drove back to the coffee shop Matt was done with his call.
The kids by then were starving and so we went to get food and stopped at this little convience store that was actually closed but the owner was in and he was so nice to us, he just told us to come in and he would let us shop anyway. Business he said was really really bad since no one came to their part of town and the walmart 2 miles away had taken all their business with the tourists. I guess that he was lucky to get us then.
Even though it was raining we decided to drive back towards Bryce and go fishing at Posey Lake. Since we were going back towards the lake we took the back side of the mountain which is called Hell's Backbone. I had wondered why it was called that and soon found out. You end up driving over the top of the mountain ridge and on either side is the downslope of the mountain. For me this was very scary because I do not like heights and I continously felt as though I might fall. But Matt talked to me the whole way (a whole 5 min. drive but to me if felt like a 100 miles!,) and I ended up doing all right. The kids loved the drive, we ended up stopping to pick up quaking aspen branches for Devin's bow and arrow for his play and to check out the beautiful environment. It was the prettiest woods that I had ever seen. The lake was fabulous! I love Teapot lake and this by far beat even Teapot for the shoreline. We saw so many ducks, all kinds of birds, the dog got to wander without us worrying, the kids were able to fish even though they didn't catch anything and best of all, I was able to sit down in a comfy chair and read some of the DaVinci Code, which I didn't want to put down. Around the bend was a state campground. We all decided that next year we were going to have to camp at the lake.

Devin waiting for Matt to finish untangling the line
Posted by Hello
Roxey waiting patiently to go to the edge of the pier after Matt is done with baiting the fishing line.

Mckenna at posey lake
Posted by Hello

After our trip to Posey Lake we headed back to our campground with this beautiful rainbow leading our way
Posted by Hello
No comments:
Post a Comment