Kyler tells me one day that he has an awards ceremony to go to but that he isn't getting an award because it is National Awards and it is really for the Seniors and that Matt and I are not needed at the ceremony. I tell him that i know that we are invited because MStg. Fletcher has told me about it and that all parents are able to attend all events!
So, Matt and I dress up, Kyler is in his very stunning Uniform and off we go! We are impressed by the show and activities that they have at this awards ceremony. We have the passing of the baton to the new Student Commander (which is called something but I can't remember what,) we have a Senior presentation to the Adult Leaders in charge from the Senior class and vice versa...
But, the best of all is the video and then the awards!
It is a good thing that we were attending because low and behold ASI Cadet Kyler Brower received an award for outstanding leadership from the Tuskegee Airmen Inc. (Funny little side story... Kyler when he was younger used to tell me that he was a black boy dipped in Whiteout and that he had mad hops!) Well, I turned to Matt after this award was given and I said, Maybe he really is dipped in Whiteout? because the The Tuskegee Airmen award was based on The Tuskegee Airmen who were dedicated, determined young men who enlisted to become america's first black military airmen, at a time when there were many people who thought that black men lacked intelligence, skill, courage and patriotism.
No comments:
Post a Comment