Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Matt Runs a 1/2 marathon

Well, Matt has entered the realm of running again. Our Friend's the Hunts talked Matt into running in the Snow Canyon half marathon since Kristy couldn't run it so he ran in her place!

Funny thing, he hasn't ran a race since we lived in Florida and in this one he not only out-runs Patrice, who ran the St. George Marathon but he came in 10th place in Kristy's female age category of 19-24! Matt ended up coming in 68th place out of 400. Patrice ended up coming in an hour after Matt did. It took him 1 hour and 57 minutes. Not bad for a 40 year old who didn't train for it. What would he do if he trained?

I was there for first runner and beyond.




Here is Matt acknowledging that I saw him finish. He didn't know that I was coming to see him run, because Mckenna had things she had to do and so I got Devin to take her where she needed to be and surprised Matt by watching him finish.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Good job Matt! If it wasn't for all the running, I think I might like to do a 1/2 marathon one of these days as well.