Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine Cards and the box to hold them



I love Valentines Day!

I don't like the "make a buck, make a buck" idea that Valentines Day has turned out ( or should we say all holiday's?) to be, but, when Mckenna came home and started making a shoe box decorated with tin foil and markers, I decided that my love of decorating Valentine's Day boxes had to be passed on to her. I really wanted her to have fun with it and become addicted to the idea of how much fun celebrating the holidays can be when you do it yourself!


So, I talked my friend Lisa & her daughter, Madison into doing a fun altered tin with us. Lisa and I went out the next day and gathered all the fun paper, glue, flowers, colored fibers and tins (which was quite the search since only one store carried the tins!) and the next day we were suppose to be off, but low and behold I got sick(again,- or should we say relapse,) and Mckenna and i ended up having to do it together ourselves.

Don't feel too bad though, Madison's school teacher told her that day that they were decorating boxes in class during their Valentine's party and so Mckenna is going to teach Madison to do the tin later on.

Mckenna's box turned out so cute! She also made cards for her classmate which had penquins on them. They turned out so cute too.













I got in to the joy of making a Valentine's day box too but it was for Matt. I filled it with fun candy; red hot cinnamon bears & twizzlers, which are his favorite candies. While Lisa and I were at Pebbles in my pocket ( a great store by the way!) they had make and take valentine cards. So I made it so it would match Matt's box. They turned out awesome! (red tin on the top of this entry.)

No comments: