Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas tree hunting, friends and family love!

We went Christmas tree hunting on Sunday because Matt and I sat down trying to figuare out when we could go and that was the only day we didn't have major scheduling conflicts. Oh, Okay church is a major conflict, but if I had known that it would take an 1 1/2 to drive there and finding the tree, and drive back, we couldv'e gone to Church too, but usually it takes 3 or 4 hours to go find. It was fun because we had Madison with us, she had spent the night after her parents were gone until late Saturday night and she had never been to the Pine Valley mountains and so we were fortunate to be the first to show her the mountains! We love the mountains and so we hope to help her to love them too!

The sad thing is that on our way home we passed Angel for Animals ( the place where Roxey is,) and so Matt pulled over on the road so we could see if she was out in the yard, when we couldn't see her, Devin asked if we could pull into the parking lot. I said absolutley not, and Matt explained to Devin that if Roxey saw us, she would have to readjust to her environment there again. I just started crying because I have so much guilt about not taking care of the dog ourselves. I have nightmares about her getting out of the yard, getting hit by a car or being adopted by some really mean people. But when I hear what the Angel's lady says online about her being able to go out into the main perimeter with all the workers I guess I feel a little better, but I still feel really sad about not having her here at our house. I guess I loved her more than I would give my self permission to when she was with us...

After Lisa came and got Madison we put ourselves into high gear because we had company coming over. Our friends the Warrens have had us over to their house for dinner many times in the last year, they have each been in a play that our family has been and Sarah and Devin have become really good friends. Devin actually had a crush on Sarah about a year ago. He gave her a valentine gift last year, it was really cute, since Sarah is a year older than him. We had a yummy dinner; roasted Chicken, pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, broccoli and delicious drinks. we had two main dishes because there were 11 of us and the chicken was really little, I wanted to make sure that we had enough food. I really worried about them coming over because they have 2 little children that are really rambunctious (they are 8 and 6 years old and yes, dad, I do worry about kids touching our stuff.) Emma and Luke were really good, they didn't touch anything without asking, they played really well with Mckenna and we didn't here from them for the whole evening. Having them over was really nice. We had great conversation, Matt and George watched NFL Football and Maleka, me and the kids laughed and laughed and laughed over the weirdest things. We will definately be doing it again soon!

I hope that you enjoy the pictures, I love the one of Matt giving me reindeer ears!

Christmas Tree hunting
friends
and loving family~ Priceless





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandi, thanx for the pictures - nearly as good as being there (even better in the fact I don't have to travel) your house looks so 'christmasy' and all of you look so happy, and Sandi, you look about 16 years old.
So looking forward to 1/17 I know ,Jan 9th e-mail me your itenarary (is that spelling right?) itinerary?? itenerary?? (getting worse??)
Anyway, your SCHEDULE - have a great Christmas