When Mckenna was 4 we had a "Pink and Purple Minnie Mouse" Party. This year on her decade old party we "monkeyed around.
The party was fun, It was held a week after her birthday because we had a friend's birthday party on her birthday (" Don't you think it is weird that I am at someone else's party on my own birthday? The little girl was in the middle of moving and had waited for her party for a month, so that was the day they picked for her party without knowing it was Mckenna's birthday. Mckenna also had a Music Man Performance on her birthday, and then soccer, and a show on Saturday so we held it the next Saturday.)
We were suppose to go to Snow Canyon State Park, but it was very cold and shady at the canyon and Mckenna chose to have the party at our house. The kids were invited with a really cute Monkey Face invite. I had a lot of fun making those invites, and I don't have one left over since we ran out of paper for a copy of Mckenna's scrapbook, I have to make one though and so I will scan it and blog it later.
Mckenna was so set on rock climbing, but the local climbing spots told us that she was too young to be taught to climb. We called the local fun center where they have a climbing wall, but they were too expensive for 10 girls. We also called a place that had set up their climbing wall at Swiss Days but they were also very expensive for only
one climb a girl. So we were going to rock climb a small rock with Matt as the guide, but the girls (except for Mckenna,) were really leary about climbing up a rope (or down,) and so we just bagged that idea. Instead the girls painted the rocks that were gathered on their treasure hunt, and then painted their treat baskets (a small picnic basket from Michaels, pictured at left,) then opened presents, and ate their dirt cake which was in a flower pot with worms. The girls really like the cake and decided to make a game out of the cake, they decided to see how long they could eat the cake (which was really pudding, oreo cookie, coolwhip, etc...) with their tongue (the pot was a tulip 4 inch, see all the pictures.)
After they did all their fun activities inside they played "backyard" games; jump rope, 4 square, tag, and some other games that they made up themselves, it was really fun for Mckenna. She really like her party and I think that is great, since it wasn't exactly what I was wanting to do for her special 10 year old day, but all that matters is that Mckenna enjoyed it!
This is Mckenna's 4th grade picture. Isn't she cute?
Happy Birthday Mckenna!
1 comment:
Mckenna looks so grown up in her school picture. I always picture her like her 4 year old self when I'm thinking about her.. silly huh.
I am glad her birthday was such a success. It's sound like the party was a lot of fun!
Post a Comment