Wouldn't it be really fun, if every once in a while I had a guest author on my blogging show?
I think it would be so, this week I would like to introduce my guest author, Matt Brower...
SANDI: Welcome to the Blog, Matt! (loud clapping and cheering are going on in the background.)
"Last Friday Devin acompanied me to a Rural Summit meeting at Southern Utah University in Cedar City. It's not often that I have the opportunity to allow my kids to accompany me on professional excursions. This one I knew was going to be special and something Devin would remember for a long time to come. Devin got to hear former Governor and current Secretary of Health and Human Services Mike Leavitt speak; additionally he got to hear current governor John Huntsman, Jr. speak. The gentleman to my left, or Devin's right, is the governor's chief of staff who I know from meetings I attended in Jackson Hole, Wyoming last summer. After the governor spoke I was visiting with his chief of staff and was introducing Devin to him when he motioned for the governor to join our conversation. The governor asked Devin what he was doing to keep busy this summer and stay out of trouble. The picture shows us laughing because the governor told us he had given his son, who is Devin's age, three requests this summer, first, to get a job; second, to keep active in sports; and third, to stay out of jail. Devin seemed to enjoy himself and I really enjoyed his company. This picture actually showed up on the governor's web site. "
2 comments:
Watch out Devin !! You're surrounded by POLITICIANS (the Governor) and BUREAUCRATS (your DAD) Hold on to any money you have in your pockets - politicians and bureaucrats love 'picking pockets!'
Devin, I think it's way exciting to meet the governor. What a great experience you were able to have with your Dad.
Post a Comment