Saturday, July 1, 2006

Color Coding

During Youth Conference we had a workshop on Color coding personalities. This was based on a book by Taylor Hartman. "In The Color Code, Dr. Taylor Hartman, Ph.D., teaches us that we are all born with one of four basic, driving motives that influences our attitudes, our needs and wants, our strengths and limitations, and the way we deal with others. He identifies each of the four basic motivations by a color: RED, BLUE, WHITE, or YELLOW, and yes, a user-friendly Personality Profile that helps you identify your color in the book. I was asked to do a presentation on this book by the youth leaders of our ward. I didn't really think that the kids would really get into it because they ranged in age from 14 to 18 and I knew that some of the boys wouldn't give a care what their personality color was, but I made it as fun as I could and off they took the quiz to find out what color they were. Now, some of these kids had already done the test before in school and so they weren't surprised, but I had them try to guess before hand what they thought color they would be and most got it wrong!

I, of course, am a yellow, with a touch of blue! Matt is a red with a touch of white!
Yellow's are carefree, talkative, friendly and very irresponsible. The blue are very responsible but also moody. Red are managerial type personalities and want to control situations. White are peacemakers. So, I guess that I am a yellow with Blue responsibleness and Matt is a managerial peacemaker. What a polar couple we make, the manager and the laidback!

I wonder what everyone else in my family is? Devin took the test and he ofcourse is a yellow red. Kyler I have an idea is white and blue and Mckenna is probably yellow with blue. But what about the rest of you? Well, at the end of this blog is the test so that you can take the test yourself and then you can drop me a comment on what you are, won't that be fun? Well, okay, I tried to attach the test, but it won't so I am going to email to everyone, Okay?

Hope to hear from you all soon,
Sandi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandi, I have taken that test a few times in school. It seems that I am either a yellow-white or white-yellow, but either way it is close...only a few % different (after that I am blue with almost no red). I think that makes me a fun-loving, irresponsible (a limitation of both yellow and white), peacemaker who both blurts out everything and silently comtemplates everything all at once :)