Tuesday, November 1, 2005

The many views of Halloween (or) where is Kyler?

So! is anyone wondering where Kyler is besides carving pumpkins? Well I sure do! I guess I should tell you that he is dressed as the invisible child!

No, really, Kyler was never home when the camera was out. In the morning he went to school dressed as a football playing granny with shocking bright red hair! it was awesome!

Then for trick 'n' treating he went just as a football player, I guess the wearing of the dress really bothered him!

He went with his friends down in the valley, because that is were the richer folks are and he wanted really good candy!


Devin changed costumes too! First he went to school as a injured Paintball player, then during the evening he went from Devin to a Gorilla (or as his sign said, "The Gorilla unit!,) but then the costume got hot so he came home with all his treat or treat gang and changed back into the injured Paintballer! He had a lot of fun, in the group picture you can see all his original gang or as we call them " THE TROUBLES AND THE 4 MUSKATEERS!" Can you tell which one is which?

I think that Mckenna had the most fun of all but with regret and no fun for her mom! This year Mckenna went just with friends around the neighborhood. She told me that she was old enough and didn't need me or Matt anymore! So, we have crossed the threshhood of not being cool anymore with any of our children.... Boo Hoo. Hey, does anyone like the dead hip hopper in the pictures? Isn't that an awesome scar? Thriller was the inspiration for the makeup! Thanks Michael Jackson for that one! Does anyone remember how Dad taped the Thriller video about a million times because he thought it was so cool and could never remember if he had it already? Sharon do you have that video on a million of your VHS?

It was really fun though because Matt and I decked out the porch with a fog machine (skull head where the fog comes out of the skulls nose holes,) red lights, lighted pumpkins, bag lumiaries and torches complete with spider webs, spiders and very spooky music, even though I think that sometimes it had "watch out Darby Circle!" and in with this spooky music was some really awesome screams for help from someone that sounded really familiar(Who is it anyone?) I love the memory of it all plus the carrying over of traditions. Matt and I sometimes fought over who was going to answer the door, but he dressed up and I didn't and so I let him open it more! But I did get to work the fog machine.

Next year it is going to be even more fun because we are doing a spooky porch walk complete with skeletal pirate and warnout black sail cloth AND a party for Devin's friends since they have now decided that they are too old for trick 'n' treating!

Sometimes it is just sad how time goes so fast and the kids grow up, so for those of you with little ones get as many pictures and video as you can so that you can have great smile memories later! (hint, hint, Sharon and Diana!) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sandi,
What a great halloween. That must be strange to be home on halloween.
I don't have the thriller video. I wish I did!
love you,
Sharon