How many Birthday's can one family have in November? Well in my immediate family we have 4 and then one niece.
I love November it brings the color changing of the leaves, crisp cool air and the yummy smells of baking and soup, but at our house it also brings a lot of birthday cake and friends swarming in the house. This year was no different! We started with Kyler's birthday here was a pre-tween who had TWO parties, how is that possible do you say? Well, Kyler decided to have a party at the local indoor swimming pool which only a few friends could come since they also had basketball camp that weekend. We didn't know about camp because Kyler isn't playing basketball, so a few of his friends didn't go to camp so that they could spend the day with Kyler which we thought was really nice of them! Then after he recieved his birthday present from us, he decided that he need to have a party with all of his friends and Devin's friends so that they could have a paintball war! This is the biggest rage in the neighborhood. Paintballing is a very expensive habit, but it does keep the kids doing their jobs and not whinning about it so that they have allowance money for paintballs.
Kyler also had a very large friend come and play paintball with the kids~ Matt wanted to play and the kids loved having him, so much so that they asked him to play again the next Saturday, but heavens, he couldn't play because the big game was on... BYU vs. UofU! That was a great day (well, maybe not for BYU fans, or our friends,) especially since we watched the game with friends, had a tailgate party and delicious cake and icecream for Devin's birthday celebration that he had for his 15th birthday.
Devin decided that he was having a Paintball party also and had invited all his friends, and Kyler's friends and then sad for Devin his gun was jammed with a paintball and the game was over for him. His friends (and Kyler for that matter,) kept playing and then decided that it wasn't cool for them to be playing while Devin was gone and came back to watch the rest of the game. We all know how that game turned out so we won't talk about it- unless your Matt and he will talk about it over and over again! hehehe...
I can not believe that Kyler is really 12 and Devin is really 15! I remember being each of these ages and I am sad that it is going so fast! Where is the time going? I am sure that we all ask ourselves this same question over the years and the answer is never easy to take. The answer is that, Time goes forward and because of that our children get older, we get older and those around us get older. I know someday that I will be so old that I will forget what it was like to be young, but I also believe that the saying of "your only as young as you feel" is still good for me. I think it is fun to be thought of as Devin's sister at times, (i am not sure it is for him, but usually he just laughs and goes along with it and make it all a joke,) I think it is great that people have a hard time believing that I am 36 years old, have been married for 18 years and have 3 kids with Devin being 15 and yes, I was old enough to have him and be married! I have had that alot in the last few months, usually some younger person that is very unexpecting of the answer and the shock shows on their face as if they were slapped with the reality of it all. But I also hate it when sometimes people don't take me seriously because they think that I am younger than I am. That makes it frustrating to be so young looking. But that is usually in the minority of my experiences, so it's not so bad.
Okay, so we have had lots of birthdays and I hope that everyone who has had a birthday in the last month knows how much I love them and that I love being part of this family, mine and yours! I love you all.
Oh, by the way, I would have put in pictures, but my computer is down and so I am using Matt's laptop to finish this post. I started it weeks ago, but didn't have time to finish and then the computer crashed and I decided it might never get done if I don't do it now. So, please forgive me for no pictures, but you will have some soon. Well, okay, not as soon as you think, but within the month. Love to all, Sandi
No comments:
Post a Comment