Saturday, May 21, 2005

Oh what do you do on a Saturday?

Ah, the relaxing Saturdays! Not!!!
Our house, it is beautiful, and yet... it still has some tender loving care needed. Since the day we bought our house we knew that we would have to refinish the front porch and the back deck. We have finally decided that today was the day! Since we already had the paint a colonial red, all we had to do was sand. Matt had talked to Keith prior to today and found out what he needed and we bought the stuff last week. So we have spend all day, moving porch furniture, cleaning the porch, sanding and painting. We also decided that since we were doing the porches, we should fill in the missing bushes with Roses- red of course. I thought that some other color would be good since we were doing red for the porch color, but Matt wanted red and he doesn't really ask for too much when it comes to colors in the house or how I decorate, so it was easy to say yes ( I don't think that me loving red, hurt either!)


Matt applying a second coat to the front porch. It is sure is a change from the worn boards that it was before!



All the furniture from our front porch.



We have also been waiting for a new kitchen faucet for the last week and it should be here Monday, but we have been without a faucet for so long. The faucet was broken and leaked so bad that it was wasteing 5 gallons of water a day. As things always go for me, I tried to find the perfect faucet. I wanted a brass or white faucet but they don't really have a demand for those colors anymore. A decorative white faucet is rare and usually you will only find pull out spray handle ones and they are not so attractive! I ended up finding a white pull out spray faucet but it has a little bit of a decorative flare to it. I also knew that I wouldn't be able to get anything that looked like my old faucet in the Rainbow House, because it was all chrome or oil rubbed bronze (which, i loved by the way,) but that wouldn't work, because everything in our house is either brass and white or just white- bummer! There is also the point of money that you have to worry about , Matt and I weren't going to spend more than $200.00 for a faucet!
Since we haven't had a kitchen faucet for the last week, we have been washing dishes like pioneers; the sink drain and a rinse bucket. The inconvience of it all is that you have to constantly be changing the water from the rinse to wash and getting new water since it gets cold and dirty faster. Needless, to say, I can't wait until Monday night when we will have a new faucet, can use the dishwasher and wash by hand but constantly renew the warm water without dragging buckets back and forth. I guess, that technology has really spoiled us!

faucets; left to right: old, new and Rainbow House ( a repeat of the old- I guess it is haunting me!)

No comments: